The Direct Aid Program (DAP) is a flexible, small grants scheme for development activities managed by Heads of Australian Missions in approximately 45 countries. The emphasis of the program is on alleviating basic humanitarian hardships.
For more information about the program, visit dfat.gov.au/direct_aid_program.
Effective January 1, 2012, Bahamas, Barbados and Trinidad and Tobago became ineligible for DAP funding having graduated from the Organisation of Economic Cooperation and Development’s (OECD) list of Official Development Assistance (ODA) on January 1, 2012.
Proposals are now being considered for the 2013-14 financial year. Interested persons can submit an official DAP Application form along with a detailed budget to Steffan Bryce, DAP Coordinator, via e-mail at email@example.com.
Direct Aid Program (DAP)
The Direct Aid Program (DAP) is a flexible, small grants scheme for development activities available to most CARICOM countries. The emphasis of the program is on alleviating basic humanitarian hardships.
DAP Recipients 2012-13:
- Medical Relief Association – St Vincent and the Grenadines: Primary Health Screening and Education
- The Caribbean Institute – Suriname: Protected Organic Horticulture and Adaptation to Climate Change
- St David’s RC Church – Grenada: Restoration of the Marian House
- Mt Airy Community Centre – Grenada: Construction of Upper Level for use by the Mt Airy Young Readers’ Programme
- Pointe/Salybia Development Committee – Dominica: Repairs to the Tunubuku Reference Library
- The Nevis Agricultural Youth Forum – St Kitts and Nevis: Procurement of Shade House for the Charlestown Secondary School
- GRENSAVE – Grenada: Women and Youth Income Generating Project
- WINAD – Regional: Arms Trade Treaty Workshop
- HUMANA People to People Belize – Belize: Empowering Women Through Income-Generating Activities
- St Lucia Crisis Centre Corporation – St Lucia: Educational Support and Capacity-Building – Ione Erlinger-Forde Education Project
- Grenada National Organization of Women (GNOW) – Grenada: Basic Carpentry and Joinery Training for Impoverished Women
- Kalinago Council – Dominica: Bataca Water Supply Project
- Tucker-Clarke Primary School – St Kitts and Nevis: Brighter Sparks Library/Resource Centre
- Rainbow Unique Nursery & Pre-School – St Vincent and the Grenadines: Early Childhood Development and Building Renovation Project
- Charlotte’s Nursery School – Dominica: Fencing and Renovation of Charlotte’s Nursery School
- Royal St Kitts and Nevis Police Force – St Kitts and Nevis: Police Junior Drum Corps Enhancement
- Women in Agriculture for Rural Development (WARD) – St Vincent and the Grenadines: Promoting Small Vegetable Farm Production
- St Theresa’s RC School – Grenada: Completion of Playing Field
- GRENCODA – Grenada: Upgrading GRENCODA’s Physical Operating Space and Computer Lab
- Sherwin Fraser – Guyana: Literacy and Numeracy Intervention Programme for Children with Learning Difficulties
- Canaries Estate – St Lucia: Canaries Estate Agro-Tourism Project
- Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College – St Kitts and Nevis: Design and Construction of Solar System and Water Catchment
- Antigua and Barbuda Red Cross Society – Antigua and Barbuda: Preventing the Spread of HIV & AIDS Amoung Our Youth – a “Together We Can” based approach
- Voices of Women, Nevis Inc. – St Kitts and Nevis: “Second Chance” Teen Mothers Program
- The Salvation Army – St Kitts and Nevis: Motivating Young Minds Through Interactive Learning and a Safe Environment
- Spanish Town Citizens Against Gun Violence – Jamaica: Spanish Town Steel Band
- Sacred Sports Foundation – St Lucia: Learn, Work and Lead – A Youth Employment Training and Social Development Programme Continue reading “The Direct Aid Program”