The Belize Trade and Investment Development Service (BELTRAIDE) is a statutory body of the Government of Belize mandated to perform functions and duties related to:
- Trade Development and Promotion
- Investment Generation and Promotion
- Enterprise Development and Facilitation
BELTRAIDE operates within the portfolio of the Ministry of Trade, Investment Promotion, Private Sector Development, and Consumer Protection.
BELTRAIDE is seeking the services of a suitably qualified and experienced person for the post of Business Development Officer.
- Proactively outreach to potential investors around the world in target sectors through direct communication, in-person contact or via a Belize diplomatic mission in the investors’ home country;
- Prepare ‘templates’ of suitable itineraries for potential investors in the Internationally Traded Services and Industry sectors that could be adjusted to accommodate the interests of particular investors;
- Maintain and improve investor relations by establishing contact, providing them with the relevant information on investment opportunities and schemes, and providing business support; including responding to investor queries, making referrals, and assuring appropriate follow-through and/or resolution;
- Proactively develop good working relationships with relevant Ministries, government agencies and departments, and other industry organizations to learn about industry needs and identify investment and trade opportunities;
- Research best practice with other trade and investment providers to ensure its incorporation into divisional procedures, processes and policies;
- Assist in the preparation of trade/investment promotion literature, covering investment packages such as, but not limited to booklets, industry profiles, and promotional videos on investment opportunities in Belize;
- Maintain and develop close support and co-operation between all sections within investment development services and the Directorate in all aspects of the business planning process.