To provide management and technical assistance and information services to small businesses and to assist the Manager with the overall operation of the programme. The successful candidate will provide counselling on all aspects of small business operations, including marketing, management, accounting, personnel, with special emphasis on financing small businesses.Continue reading “Business Advisor”
BELTRAIDE, VACANCY, Export Business Advisor
The BELTRAIDE is seeking the services of a dynamic and proactive individual to fill the post of Export Business Advisor at its EXPORTBelize Unit. The incumbent will actively participate in export development and trade promotion programs that will assist Belize’s export sector to increase, diversify and consolidate their exports, as well as increase their competiveness and sustainability.Continue reading “Export Business Advisor“
BELTRAIDE, VACANCY, Training Facilitator
The BELTRAIDE is seeking the services of a dynamic and proactive individual to fill the post of Training Facilitator at its Belize Training & Employment Centre (BTEC). The successful candidate will be responsible to develop, coordinate, and facilitate training workshops and seminars. They will create and deliver job preparedness trainings and education programs in a formal and informal settings for adult learners nationwide.Continue reading “Training Facilitator“
Call for Expressions of Interest
The International Labour Organization is seeking to hire a qualified consultancy firm to undertake a sector selection and value chain analysis in Belize. Interested candidates are invited to review the following Terms of Reference and to submit their proposals by 22nd of September 2022Continue reading “TOR Value Chains Belize”
National MSME Strategy and Roadshow to be Launched Across the Country
City of Belmopan, July 26, 2022. The Office of the Prime Minister (OPM) through the Belize Trade and Investment Development Service, is coordinating a national initiative to support Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) across Belize. This initiative will be achieved through the launch of the National MSME Strategy, Inclusive of the National MSME Roadshow (NMR) which commences in August and ends in November 2022.Read more: National MSME Strategy and Roadshow to be Launched Across the Country
The overall objective of the NMR is to support MSMEs through the following:
• Support for an enabling environment for MSME development,
• Improve market access and establishment of business linkages for MSMEs
• Promote buying locally to improve economic recovery
• Increased procurement of MSME goods and services by the public and private sectors
• Facilitate Access to affordable finance for the MSME Sector AND
• Build the business acumen of MSMEs
Activities under the 3-day roadshow will include:
- A Boot Camp that will deliver business development trainings in Business Models, Marketing, Customer Service, Goal Setting, and Money Management.
- A Formalization Clinic that will provide a space for key government agencies and financial institutions, to offer services and relevant information to MSMEs inclusive of live registration, and
- A Showcase/Pop Up Shop that will provide MSMEs an opportunity to promote and sell their products, while facilitating supply chain linkages with the Tourism Industry.
The Government of Belize is cognizant that support to the MSME sector is crucial given the important role they play in creating jobs, strengthening communities, and increasing contribution to macroeconomic development. A key output of this initiative will be a National MSME Directory; an online listing of MSMEs geared towards raising public awareness and allowing for the trading of goods and services, produced by these enterprises.
The launch of the National MSME Strategy and Roadshow will be held on Friday August 5, 2022, at the Best Western Belize Biltmore Plaza Hotel starting at 10:00AM.
The media is cordially invited to attend.
For Immediate Release