National MSME Strategy and Roadshow to be Launched Across the Country
City of Belmopan, July 26, 2022. The Office of the Prime Minister (OPM) through the Belize Trade and Investment Development Service, is coordinating a national initiative to support Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) across Belize. This initiative will be achieved through the launch of the National MSME Strategy, Inclusive of the National MSME Roadshow (NMR) which commences in August and ends in November 2022.Read more: National MSME Strategy and Roadshow to be Launched Across the Country
The overall objective of the NMR is to support MSMEs through the following:
• Support for an enabling environment for MSME development,
• Improve market access and establishment of business linkages for MSMEs
• Promote buying locally to improve economic recovery
• Increased procurement of MSME goods and services by the public and private sectors
• Facilitate Access to affordable finance for the MSME Sector AND
• Build the business acumen of MSMEs
Activities under the 3-day roadshow will include:
- A Boot Camp that will deliver business development trainings in Business Models, Marketing, Customer Service, Goal Setting, and Money Management.
- A Formalization Clinic that will provide a space for key government agencies and financial institutions, to offer services and relevant information to MSMEs inclusive of live registration, and
- A Showcase/Pop Up Shop that will provide MSMEs an opportunity to promote and sell their products, while facilitating supply chain linkages with the Tourism Industry.
The Government of Belize is cognizant that support to the MSME sector is crucial given the important role they play in creating jobs, strengthening communities, and increasing contribution to macroeconomic development. A key output of this initiative will be a National MSME Directory; an online listing of MSMEs geared towards raising public awareness and allowing for the trading of goods and services, produced by these enterprises.
The launch of the National MSME Strategy and Roadshow will be held on Friday August 5, 2022, at the Best Western Belize Biltmore Plaza Hotel starting at 10:00AM.
The media is cordially invited to attend.
For Immediate Release