BELTRAIDE Agri-Mission to Support Export Sectors Across the Country
In May 2022, EXPORTBelize, BELTRAIDE, with funding support from the Commonwealth Secretariat, hosted an Export Competitiveness Forum (ECF) that saw the participation of key public and private sector agencies. The forum explored new approaches to enhance Belize’s export competitiveness and aimed to foster the development of strategies, action plans and an implementation roadmap to address supply side constraints in selected industries.
At the ECF, a call was made for firms to participate in the Agribusiness Export Support Program which will provide technical assistance to support export competitiveness of Belize’s agribusiness sector. With funding from the Commonwealth Secretariat, Fifteen beneficiary firms will receive support from the Duggan International Group, an international full-service marketing, research, international trade, and business development agency that will work with them to achieve the following objectives:
- Determine the degree of market acceptance of the selected products in the UK and EU Markets
- Determine the product quality standards and phytosanitary grades, food safety, and labeling standards required by the different federal and/or state agencies in the UK and EU.
- Recommend the necessary changes to conform the products to the objective market requirements base on these market and agency standards,
- Analyze competitive products, purchase, and send samples of these products to the Belize companies.
- Identify at least three buyers/trading partners for each of the participating products.
The on-the-ground commencement of the Agribusiness Export Support Program started on July 5, 2022, marked and will run from July to November 2022. Mr. Victor Phaff, the international consultant representing Duggan International Group will travel across the country to provide expert advice and assessment to participating firms on the requirements to export to European markets.
BELTRAIDE remains committed to supporting exporters and potential exporters as they take our quality Belizean products to markets around the world.
For Immediate Release