Content Developer Officer
Belize Trade and Investment Development Service
Micro, Small, Medium, Enterprises (MSMEs) are significant for income generation, employment and livelihoods, especially for women and youths. One of the Belize Trade and Investment Development Service (BELTRAIDE) core functions is create economic prosperity though entrepreneurial development, business innovation, and competitiveness. In order to meet this objective, BELTRAIDE is currently implementing the Building Resilient MSMES Accelerating Digitization Project which is financed by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
The main objective of this project is to establish national structures that can support the accelerated digitization of MSMEs services for capacity building and increases MSMEs digital capabilities that promotes resilient economic development and allows MSMEs to withstand the challenges posed by the COVID-19 Pandemic. The project activities will provide the following outputs:
- Output 1: Socio Economic Impact Assessment (SEIA) on MSME to develop a Medium-Term Strategy that will strengthen the MSME Ecosystem;
- Output 2: Digital /virtual platform that provide MSMEs with capacity building and knowledge exchange, inclusive of a Business to Business (B2B) E-Commerce portal that digitally connects service providers and customers.
- Output 3: A pilot testing stage to promote the Virtual Knowledge Center with approximately 150 MSMEs.
The Content Developer Officer is responsible to re-write, design, and develop content material for the MSME Virtual Knowledge Center and Business to Business (B2B) Platform, which will include training and tutorial videos and other digital downloadable content.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create unique, simplified, and user-friendly content for the MSME Virtual Knowledge Center and B2B Platform;
- Write and develop e-learning content for the various course/module that will be housed within the MSME Virtual Knowledge Center and B2B Platform;
- Collaborate with BELTRAIDE’s Technical Units to customize and develop new and existing e-learning content consistent with the organization’s branding guidelines;
- Design each course/module to enhance learning with visually engaging graphic or other multi-media tools such as audio/visual clips, animation etc.;
- Proofread content written by staff of BELTRAIDE;
- Record and develop training and tutorial videos;
- Review and validate content to clearly and effectively communicate information.
- Analyze performance indicators and content results to measure content effectiveness;
- Transfer the final modules unto the MSME Virtual Knowledge Center and B2B Platform;
- Create a content development guideline and manual that details the procedures of content development and access and usage of digital tools in order for BELTRAIDE’s staff to accurately replicate and transfer the courses/modules onto the digital platforms;
Education & Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Audio-visual Communications, Multimedia production, Graphic Design, Marketing or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in content development or writing features for the web
- Experience in applying instructional and engaging design and adult learning principles in training/ e-Learning
- Experience in graphic design for digital media purposes in raster graphics editors such as Adobe products
- Experience in audio/narrating editing
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated knowledge in developing E-Learning Platform or Course Management System (CMS) and creating and editing e-Learning elements (process visualization, video and audio material, etc.) in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Proficiency in graphic applications (Adobe Creative Suite) to create graphics. animation, audio, video etc. multimedia elements.
- Ability to take and edit quality photographs and videography.
- Publications and written text for media channels.
- Fluent in English with excellent oral and written communication skills.
Salary will commensurate based on qualification and experience.
Full time contract for a period of 10 months.
Cover letter along with CV’s and two work samples must be submitted in a sealed envelope to 3401 Mountain View Boulevard, City of Belmopan, Cayo District or sent via email to email@example.com and copied to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: September 2, 2021 at 4:30 PM.