BUILDING RESILIENT MSMES- ACCELERATING DIGITIZATION PROJECT
The Belize Trade and Investment Development Service (BELTRAIDE) has received a grant from the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) to assist BELTRAIDE in establishing national structures to support the accelerated digitization of MSMEs in Belize.
BELTRAIDE, under Output 1: Socio Economic Impact Assessment (SEIA) On MSME Results to develop a Medium Term Strategy to Strengthen the MSME Ecosystem, is looking for a Belizean national, firm or consortium to develop a national survey to ascertain the socio-economic impact of COVID-19 on MSMEs in Belize and to develop an inclusive MSME Medium-Term Strategy to foster an entrepreneurial culture and promote business development in Belize.
The assignment is expected to be undertaken over a period of 20 weeks.
The Consulting individual, firm or consortium must possess the following qualifications:
- Team Leader must possess minimum of a Master’s Degree in Public Policy, Finance, Business Administration, or Economics.
- Experience in MSME development, developing MSME policies and strategies in developing economies;
- Have experience working with senior government officials across different ministries;
- Committed to participatory approaches;
- Legal expertise regarding national and international MSMEs laws, regimes or policy framework, strategy and trade agreements would be an asset;
- Possess strong drafting, communication, and research skills;
- Fluent in English with working knowledge of Spanish;
For more information, kindly click here or scroll down to access the Term of Reference.
The required documents must be submitted by email to email@example.com or in 1 sealed envelope clearly labeled DEVELOPMENT OF A MEDIUM TERM MSME NATIONAL STRATEGY CONSULTANCY and to
341 Mountain View Boulevard, Suite 201,
City of Belmopan, Belize.
- A cover letter explaining why you are the most suitable candidate for this assignment;
- A brief technical proposal on how you will approach and conduct the tasks;
- A financial proposal that includes a lump sum amount; a breakdown of the lump sum including travel, per diems, and number of anticipated working days.
- A personal CV (firms and consortiums must submit a CV for each consultant).
BELTRAIDE reserves the right to accept or reject late applications or to cancel this invitation partially or in its entirety. BELTRAIDE will not be bound to provide reason(s) for not shortlisting any applicant, and will not defray costs incurred by the applicant, in the preparation and submission of Expression of Interest.
See below for full Terms of Reference and Procurement Notice: