Government of Belize
NATIONAL INVESTMENT POLICY AND STRATEGY (NIPS)
The Government of Belize (GOB) has received a Grant from the CARICOM Development Fund (CDF) to assist the Belize Trade and Investment Development Service (BELTRAIDE) and the Ministry with responsibility for Investment, Trade and Commerce, to develop Belize’s National Investment Policy and Strategy (NIPS).
GOB is inviting legally incorporated firms to submit Expressions of Interest (EOI) by providing proof of qualifications and experience to undertake the assignment.
The assignment is expected to be undertaken over a period of fourteen (14) calendar months.
The consulting firm must possess the following qualifications:
- Team Leader must possess, at minimum, a Master’s Degree in Public Policy and Strategy, Economics or a related field with experience in strategic development or planning.
- 8 years or more experience on developing policies and strategies of similar nature in developing economies.
- Experience in working with government in the development of policy and strategy frameworks. Therefore, experience in policy and institutional assessment and data analysis.
- Experience in preparation of Communication Strategies and Stakeholder Coordination.
- Knowledge of international investment laws and agreements, trade agreements, investment regimes, and policy frameworks will be an asset.
- Excellent communication, writing, research, reporting, and computer skills.
- Include Legal Expert with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Include Business Analyst with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Include Communication Expert with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
Responses to this specific call for EOI’s may be sent by postage, electronic mail or hand delivered to the address shown below no later than May 17th, 2019 at 3:00 pm (Belize Time). Each submission should include the name and address of the applicant and be clearly marked “Expression of Interest: Consultancy service for National Investment Policy and Strategy.”
Following the assessment of submission, a shortlist of consultancy firms will be provided with the full Terms of Reference and invited to submit technical and financial proposals.
GOB reserves the right to accept or reject late applications or to cancel this invitation partially or in its entirety. GOB will not be bound to provide reason(s) for not shortlisting any applicant, and will not defray costs incurred by the applicant, in the preparation and submission of Expression of Interest.
Belize Trade and Investment Development Service
#14 Orchid Garden Street
Belmopan City, Cayo District
Belize, Central America
Tel: (501) 822-3737/0175 Fax: (501) 822-0595