The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is implementing its ‘Look See Visits 2017’ in Belize, which seeks to engage the Belizean Diaspora, interested in capitalizing on investment opportunities in Belize. One key strategy of the project’s delivery, is the encouragement of diaspora entrepreneur to pay a confirmative visit to Belize. The aim of this strategy is to generate business interest and confidence, which seeks to result in investments in new and innovative business initiatives.
This initiative is being done through the Effective and Sustainable Diaspora Engagement for Development in the Caribbean (ESDEDC) project which is designed to contribute to the region’s economy by providing and giving impetus to socio – economic programs and initiatives. It is envisaged that such programs and initiatives will generate a variety of economic alternatives and employment for low-income communities in Belize.
The IOM will provide the following to selected candidates to visit Belize during the period of September 4 – 8, 2017.
- Round Trip Air Tickets to Belize
- A one-time stipend of USD $370 will be provided to support related costs
- Technical assistance for travel, introductory meetings and workshop with stakeholders in Belize.
Candidates will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Candidates must be a diaspora entrepreneur who is a citizen or legal resident residing out of Belize.
- Must have the drive, conviction and overall professional acumen to establish a potential business that can increase employment opportunities.
- Must have start-up capital or the proven ability to interact with potential investors and business advisor to start a business; and
- Must have a feasible business model or proposal* that can increase the potential for employment opportunities within the respective countries or have an established business.
*Note: The Business Models or proposals should be aligned to the Government of Belize’s (GOB) sectors and industries prioritized for development over the medium term: Agriculture, Agro – Processing, Audio _Visual; Culture and Entertainment; Energy and Bio – Fuels; Information Communication Technology; Marine Fisheries and Aquaculture; Medical Tourism; Professional services; and Tourism.
To register kindly visit www.caribdiaspora.org or submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submission is 28th July, 2017
Please see attached Terms of Selection from the IOM for further details.