On May 14 & 15, 2016, Corozal Organization Leading Culture, Heritage and Art (COLCHA) hosted its annual Art in the Park.
This event provided an excited and interesting display of productions by local artists. As many as 30 artists and artisans proudly displayed their talents and products.
Vicky Heredia, Business Advisor of the Small Business Development Center (SBDCBelize), a unit of the Belize Trade and Investment Development Service (BELTRAIDE), was there to promote the services of the centre and attract new clients while provide advising services to the rising entrepreneurs. Art, talent and ideas are alive in Corozal Town!
U.S. Embassy Belmopan Announces Young Leaders of the Americas Initiative (YLAI) Professional Fellows Program to Support Entrepreneurs throughout Latin America and the Caribbean
Program Signifies Important Step in White House’s Commitment to an Entrepreneurship Network in the Americas.
Entrepreneurs! We are looking for you!
The Young Leaders of the Americas Initiative (YLAI) Professional Fellows Program, sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, is looking for 250 young entrepreneurs from Latin America and the Caribbean to bring to the United States for business and social entrepreneurship training in October and November 2016. YLAI Professional Fellows will become part of the larger YLAI Network, an online space to obtain resources and make regional connections necessary to foster positive change in their local communities. 2 U.S. EMBASSY Belmopan, Belize Office of Public Affairs
The U.S. program includes the following components:
- Opening Program in Texas and Closing Summit in Washington, D.C. featuring workshops, breakout sessions, and keynote speakers;
- Four-week individualized fellowship with counterpart companies or organizations in cities around the U.S. The participants will engage in skills-building workshops, develop or refine their own strategic plan, and participate in day-to-day operations at U.S. organizations;
- Professional development activities including entrepreneurship training and interaction with experts; and
- Ongoing support before, during, and after the YLAI Fellowship through networking, mentorship, and investment opportunities.
The program is open to entrepreneurs who meet the following criteria:
- Are between the ages of 21 and 35;
- Are a resident of Belize.
- Are eligible to receive a U.S. J-1 visa;
- Have at least 2 years of entrepreneurial/leadership experience, preferably with a startup business or social venture;
- Are proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.
The https://ylai.state.gov/ website includes information about how to apply for the YLAI fellowship and how to sign up for the YLAI Network. Submit your application by Friday, May 20, 2016. U.S. EMBASSY Belmopan, Belize Office of Public Affairs
The Young Leaders of the Americas Initiative is a program of the U.S. Department of State. This program builds upon the success of the inaugural YLAI entrepreneurs’ project in March 2016. The YLAI Professional Fellows Program is supported in its implementation by Meridian International Center, a proud partner with Atlas Corps, Entrepreneurs’ Organization, and community-based members and universities throughout the United States. For further information, please contact the Meridian program team at YLAI@meridian.org. For press inquiries, please contact ECA-Press@state.gov.