Terms of Reference
- Undertake a situational analysis of the current policy environment on food safety in the Caribbean
- Develop a Food Safety Policy template for use in the Eastern Caribbean Countries that clearly describes the application along the whole food chain (sea or farm to table). Use of WHO, FAO and INFOSAN documents is encouraged (FAO/WHO guide for developing and improving national food recall systems, FAO/WHO guidance to governments on the application of HACCP in small and/or less-developed food businesses, Application of risk analysis to food standards issues, Assuring food safety and quality, Data reporting for hazards occurring in food (HOF), etc).
- Develop a Food Safety Emergency Response Plan template for use in the Eastern Caribbean Countries, following the FAO/WHO framework for developing national food safety emergency response plans (2010) as well as other pertinent FAO, INFOSAN and WHO documents (Food Safety Guidance in Emergency Situations, Food Safety in Natural Disasters, etc)
- Tailor the Policy and Plan to Saint Lucia, as a test of the templates, for approval by the Ministry of Health, Saint Lucia, as well as the PAHO food safety Advisor.
- Conduct stakeholder workshop to review draft National documents in Saint Lucia.
- Develop a timeline for completion of the project
- Draft National Food Safety Policy for Saint Lucia
- Draft National Food Safety Emergency Response Plan for Saint Lucia
- Food Safety Policy template for ECC
- Food Safety Emergency Response Plan template for ECC