- 20 Active business process outsourcing (BPO) Companies in Belize.
- 9 New BPO’s open in 2014 in various geographic locations in Belize
- Locations include: 11 in Belize City, 4 in Ladyville, 2 in Belmopan, 4 in San Ignacio, 1 in Independence and 1 in Dangriga
- 2,178 currently employed by the industry as of 2014
- Projections for 2015 estimate at 3,280 in the short term
- Projections for 2017 estimate at 6,513 in the medium term
- 1 Outbound Investment Promotion Show attended with eight (8) participating BPO operators from Belize: Outsource2LAC Guatemala 2014
- 50 queries interested in the outsourcing industry interacted in 2014 by BelizeINVEST
- Total committed investment within the sector peaked at 13 million BZD encompassing re-investment and new investments both foreign and local
- 65% of providers hold an Export Processing Zone (EPZ) status
- 61% of current providers are interested in a joint venture / strategic partnership
- 30% of current providers expressed interest in merger & acquisition
- Services currently include a mixture of inbound customer service and outbound sales campaigns; however, multiple centers are seeking diversification into new technical outsourcing areas including value added service exports.
- 1 center currently offers both BPO and Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO)
- Rollout of the Belize Training and Employment Centre (BTEC) under BELTRAIDE providing industry specific and demand driven training. Phase 01 focuses on developing both soft and technical skills for the BPO industry countrywide.
BelizeINVEST, BELTRAIDE remains committed to promoting and fostering continued development in Belize’s Offshore Outsourcing Industry.
Leave a Reply