The Belize Trade and Investment Development Service (BELTRAIDE) is a statutory body of the Government of Belize mandated to perform functions and duties related to:
- Trade Development and Promotion
- Investment Generation and Promotion
- Enterprise Development and Facilitation
BELTRAIDE operates within the portfolio of the Ministry of Trade, Investment Promotion, Private Sector Development, and Consumer Protection.
BELTRAIDE is seeking the services of a suitably qualified and experienced person for the post of Business Development Officer.
- Proactively outreach to potential investors around the world in target sectors through direct communication, in-person contact or via a Belize diplomatic mission in the investors’ home country;
- Prepare ‘templates’ of suitable itineraries for potential investors in the Internationally Traded Services and Industry sectors that could be adjusted to accommodate the interests of particular investors;
- Maintain and improve investor relations by establishing contact, providing them with the relevant information on investment opportunities and schemes, and providing business support; including responding to investor queries, making referrals, and assuring appropriate follow-through and/or resolution;
- Proactively develop good working relationships with relevant Ministries, government agencies and departments, and other industry organizations to learn about industry needs and identify investment and trade opportunities;
- Research best practice with other trade and investment providers to ensure its incorporation into divisional procedures, processes and policies;
- Assist in the preparation of trade/investment promotion literature, covering investment packages such as, but not limited to booklets, industry profiles, and promotional videos on investment opportunities in Belize;
- Maintain and develop close support and co-operation between all sections within investment development services and the Directorate in all aspects of the business planning process.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Exceptional knowledge of sales, marketing and development processes
- Effective oral/written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Superior business and negotiation skills
- Expert in forwarding thinking and problem-solving skills
- Keen knowledge of Belizean private and public sectors, and of Belize’s nearest industry competitors
- Ability to listen to intended details attentively
- Excellent financial, analytical and research skills
The successful applicant must possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, International Business, Marketing, Finance, or related field
- Minimum of two (2) years investment, trade promotion experience and or private sector experience
- Second language is a requirement, preferably Spanish
An attractive package, commensurate with qualifications and experience, is being offered.
Letters of Application are to be addressed to:
Human Resource & Administration Director
Belize Trade and Investment Development Service (BELTRAIDE)
#14 Orchid Garden St.
City of Belmopan
APPLICATION SHOULD INCLUDE:
- Proof of educational qualification (copy of certificate of highest educational qualification)
- Resume along with two letters of reference, one of which should be from a most recent employer
- Copy of a valid Belizean driver’s license
CLOSING DATE & TIME
The closing date and time for the receipt of applications is 5:00 p.m. on Friday 19th September, 2014.
Feel free to call us at 822-3737 or 822-0175 for more information.