POSITION DESCRIPTION: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Belize Coalition of Service Providers (BCSP) is a national umbrella body that brings together all service sector associations. It functions as a focal point to lobby, channel and address trade in services issues and services development issues which are critical for the sector to thrive in the competitive global environment. The BCSP has the mandate to assist the sector in developing and exporting their services and the Executive Director will head the BCSP in moving to its next phase of development.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the BCSP Board of Directors, the Executive Director will be responsible for the coordination, management, efficient leadership and administration of the BCSP on behalf of the private sector, as well as the promotion and facilitation of trade in services in Belize, regionally and internationally.
- Be responsible for implementing Board Policy and ensuring the goals and objectives of the BCSP are met
- Be required to develop, recommend and implement strategies and programs to support the BCSP’s mandate and projects
- Identify and develop new revenue streams for the BCSP
- Write project proposal, seek and obtain grant funding, and manage projects
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual budget of the BCSP
- Develop work programs for the BCSP in consultation with its stakeholders
- Make representation in support of the Board to Government Agencies and Institutions on behalf of the BCSP
- Day-to-day management and administration of the BCSP’s secretariat and funds
- Actively work towards increase membership in the BCSP
- See that the board is kept fully informed of the condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it.
- Convene monthly board meetings, prepare and present monthly reports to the board including accounts
- Publicize and keep the BCSP’s membership updated on the activities of the BCSP, its initiatives, programs and goals, as well as opportunities
- Ensure that the BCSP maintains an up-to-date e-presence including website and social media such as Facebook
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with service sector associations, government ministries and departments, donors, service providers and other business support organizations locally, regionally and internationally.
- Represent the programs and point of view of the BCSP to government agencies, business support organizations, member associations, donors, service providers and the general public.
- Be responsible for the recruitment, employment, and release of all personnel, both paid staff and volunteers.
- Ensure that job descriptions are developed, that regular performance evaluations are held, employees are performing their job descriptions and contracts, and that sound human resource practices are in place.
- See that an effective team with appropriate provision for succession.
- Encourage staff and volunteer development and education, and assist program staff in relating their specialized work towards realizing the objectives of the BCSP.
- Maintain a climate which attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices and ensuring that sound accounting practices are maintained with respect to all aspects of BCSP’s funding.
- Work with the staff, treasurer, and the board in preparing a budget; and ensuring that the BCSP operates within the budget guidelines.
- Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its work.
- Apply for grant funding for approved activities
- Jointly, with the president and secretary of the board of directors, conduct official correspondence of the organization, and jointly, with designated officers, execute legal documents.
In communications, the Executive Director will:
In relations with staff, the Executive Director will:
In budget and finance, the Executive Director will:
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Master’s Degree in International Trade, Business, Marketing, Management or any other similar qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience working with non-profit organizations, writing project proposals and getting grant funding for projects and working with government, donors, and business support organizations.
- Must have a good grasp and understanding of trade agreements and the trade in services regimes regionally and internationally.
- Proven experience in functioning at the national, regional and international level is also essential.
- Experience developing and managing project portfolios will be an asset.
- Excellent communication, comprehension, presentation, interpersonal, networking and motivational skills
- A self-driven leader with team and project management skills
- A history of delivery to specification, on time and within budget
- Experience in designing and writing proposals for private sector development projects
- Must have personal transport
- Must have valid passport and US visa and be prepared to travel within and outside Belize on short notice
TRAVEL & TRANSPORTATION
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This post is a contract position. Salary, and other terms and conditions of employment are to be agreed upon with the Board of Directors.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Applications including Curriculum Vitae and the names of two (2) references should be submitted no later than September 01, 2014 addressed to the President, Belize Coalition of Service Providers via email to: email@example.com. For a more detailed job description, please visit http://www.bcsp.info/home.