POSITION DESCRIPTION: ACCOUNTS & ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
The Belize Coalition of Service Providers (BCSP) is a national umbrella body that brings together all service sector associations. It functions as a focal point to lobby, channel and address trade in services issues and services development issues which are critical for the sector to thrive in the competitive global environment. The Administrative & Accounting Office will be responsible for assuming the accounting and administrative functions for the BCSP Secretariat and providing administrative assistance to the BCSP’s Executive Director.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the BCSP’s Executive Director, the Accounts & Administrative Officer will be responsible for a variety of duties including the provision of administrative and financial support to the BCSP as well as its member associations on a day-to-day basis.
- Responsible for preparing financial statements and reports, maintaining cash controls, payroll and personnel administration, purchasing and payments, maintaining accounts receivable and payable, and managing office operations
- Organizing meetings, preparing the conference room, and sending out invitations, managing RSVP’s, preparing agendas and minutes, printing and preparing meeting dossiers
- Opening and closing the office, answering the office telephones and email accounts, managing office correspondences, managing the office cleaner, and ensuring the maintenance of premises and office furniture and equipment, and ordering and stocking office supplies, cleaning supplies, sundries, and conference room refreshments, food, etc.
- Responsible for data input, updating and maintenance of BCSP’s electronic database and management information system
- Responsible for executing communication strategy including maintaining social media platforms under the guidance of the Executive Director
- Responsible for responding to inquiries and manning BCSP’s service provider registration and skills certification help desk
- Assist with general administrative duties as may be required by the Executive Director from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Social Sciences
- 3 years of professional experience in office administration
- 3 years of professional experience working with QuickBooks accounting software, keeping accounts, and basic bookkeeping skills are essential
- Previous experience working with an NGO or BSO will be considered an asset
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, initiative, drive and the ability to get and take direction necessary to fulfil responsibilities
- The ability to be flexible, do what needs to be done, and adapt to the needs of a growing organization
- Excellent organizational skills, including ability to manage own time and meet deadlines
- Maintaining and organizing effective electronic and manual filing and database systems
- Knowledge of the Government of Belize’s procurement, payment, and accounting system
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This post is a contract position. Salary, and other terms and conditions of employment are to be agreed upon with the Board of Directors.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Applications including Curriculum Vitae and the names of two (2) references should be submitted no later than September 08, 2014 addressed to the President, Belize Coalition of Service Providers via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For a more detailed job description, please visit http://www.bcsp.info/home.
Leave a Reply