As part of its Entrepreneurship Program for Innovation in the Caribbean (EPIC), infoDev is seeking a qualified firm with presence in the Caribbean to support the team in the delivery and implementation of the Women Innovators Network in the Caribbean (WINC) program. Whilst already published on infoDev’s website, we bring this opportunity to your attention – for your own consideration and/or assistance in circulating to others who may have the interest and required capabilities to apply. As you will imagine, we are keen to bring on board the very best support possible for the region’s women entrepreneurs!
Expression of Interest Deadline: 11th August 2014, 11:59 PM (EST)
Overview of WINC’s program
WINC is implementing a hybrid approach in supporting innovative and growth-oriented women entrepreneurs in the Caribbean, with the objective to (i) actively encourage growth-oriented women entrepreneurs to apply and participate in EPIC’s Caribbean Mobile Innovation Program (CMIP) and Caribbean Climate Innovation Center (CCIC); and (ii) provide business acceleration service offerings to innovative and growth-oriented entrepreneurs in other sectors. Across all sectors, WINC will provide a peer-to-peer network to support growth-oriented women entrepreneurs and inspire future women business leaders in the region.
WINC’s three main program components are as follows:
1) Grow your Business (GyB) workshops which will encourage innovation and growth in the businesses of women entrepreneurs in the Caribbean. These workshops will also serve as the purpose of identifying a pipeline of growth-oriented women entrepreneurs for WINC’s business acceleration program as well as EPIC’s Caribbean Mobile Innovation Program (CMIP) and Caribbean Climate Innovation Program (CCIC);
2) Support to EPIC’s CMIP and CCIC including outreach and recruitment to increase the participation and inclusiveness of women entrepreneurs into their programs; and
3) WINCs business acceleration program which will provide a comprehensive set of service offerings to innovative and growth-oriented women entrepreneurs in the region across all sectors. This will include business mentor-ship/coaching, peer-to-peer learning, self-actualization/confidence-building sessions, motivational seminars, technical workshops etc.
Summary of assignment
The selected entity will be involved in the implementation of the organisation, management and delivery of WINC’s training, workshops, outreach and other aforementioned activities, including all the associated logistics. The main tasks foreseen are therefore as follows:
– Develop and implement a strategic outreach plan to reach mobile innovation and climate innovation women entrepreneurs, as well as innovative growth-oriented women entrepreneurs in the region across all sectors;
– Identify experts, conduct and organize technical seminars aimed at mobile innovation and climate innovation women entrepreneurs;
– Organize outreach and implement all logistical arrangements for Grow your Business (GyB) workshops, including coordination ofinfoDev-certified trainers;
– Identify business mentors / coaches and implement delivery to women entrepreneurs selected for WINC’s business acceleration program;
– Identify facilitators for the peer-to-peer learning workshops and implement delivery to women entrepreneurs selected for WINC’s business acceleration program;
– Identify facilitators for the self-actualization / confidence building workshops and implement delivery to women entrepreneurs selected for WINC’s business acceleration program;
– Identify role model women entrepreneurs in the region and implement delivery of motivational seminars to women entrepreneurs selected for WINC’s business acceleration program;
– Coordinate and implement all logistical and booking arrangements for all listed WINC activities (e.g. venue, video conferencing, equipment, material and catering, etc)
– Coordinate and arrange all travel and accommodation arrangements for all listed WINC activities, particularly launch events and orientation sessions (e.g. all participants including speakers, trainers, trainees, etc);
– Data gathering and brief valuation report in alignment with infoDev’s monitoring and evaluation performance framework conducted for each activities implemented;
– Managing and paying third-party vendors when required;
– Drafting and reviewing any necessary legal agreements if required.
– Set up and manage a cost-effective online common platform for (i) participants to be able to access relevant information and material (e.g. the training assessment and evaluation surveys), and (ii) host online workshops involving women entrepreneurs across EPIC’s 14 CARICOM countries, as well as globally.
Additionally, the firm will be required to capture the outcomes of the delivery of WINC’s activities and business acceleration program in a comprehensive report that will inform infoDev, the donor, and more broadly, the development community on the specific skills, competency and opportunity gaps for women entrepreneurs in the region as well as the WINC’s impact in addressing these gaps and improving the innovation, growth and opportunity potential for these women entrepreneurs. It is expected that the data, outcomes, and impact extrapolated from the monitoring and evaluation activities conducted upon completion of each activities will be included in this report.
For all abovementioned deliverables and tasks, infoDev will provide program strategic guidance.
This Request for Expression of Interest is for a selection of a firm (i.e. not individuals).
To be considered, firms must:
- Provide information showing that they are qualified in the field of the assignment.
- Provide information on the technical and managerial capabilities of the firm.
- Provide information on their core business and years in business.
- Provide information on the qualifications of key staff that will work on this assignment specifically.
- Provide information on their experience with event/meeting organization and project management of activities implemented in emerging markets.
- Provide information on ability to conduct and implement virtual tools for dispersed geographic audience, such as in the Caribbean region, in order to provide cost-effective delivery of the deliverables.
Furthermore, the firm must consider cost-effective delivery methods of providing all the above mentioned activities to women entrepreneurs in WINC via a combination of in-person and virtual channels of delivery. Participants will very likely include individuals and organizations across the 14 CARICOM countries.
Given the set of deliverables outlined, it is encouraged to have a consortium arrangement, preferably with entities that have local presence in the Caribbean.
Applications are to be submitted through the World Bank Group eConsultant2 system:https://wbgeconsult2.worldbank.org/wbgec/index.html, using Selection Number #1154318.
Expression of Interest Deadline: 11th August 2014, 11:59 PM (EST)
For more details on this opportunity as well as infoDev’s WINC program, please visit https://www.infodev.org/articles/reoi-winc-july-2014.