The Belize Trade and Investment Development Service Beltraide invites application forms from a suitably qualified Information Technology Officer.
The Belize Trade and Investment Development Service is a statutory body of the Government of Belize mandated to perform functions and duties related to:
1) Trade Development and Promotion
2) Investment Generation and Promotion
3) Enterprise Development and Facilitation
BELTRAIDE operates within the portfolio of the Ministry of Trade, Investment Promotion, Private Sector Development, and Consumer Protection.
The Belize Trade and Investment Development Service is seeking the services of a suitably qualified and experienced person for the post of Information Technology Officer.
- Inline with the organization’s IT Strategy,the IT Officer main responsibility is to:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information systems and electronic data processing (EDP);
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing, computer systems operations and development, and for overall organisation ICT development;
- Meet with directors to discuss unit system requirements and specifications, including timeline for technology acquisition;
- Submit a status report (inclusive of recommendations) on BELTRAIDE’s IT infrastructure quarterly;
- Manage Linux Server (in command line);
- Monitor security of all technology; including the issuance of building ID/Security passes;
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, and network operating systems;
- Provide recommendations about accessing information and support;
- Make recommendations about purchase of technological resources.