The Belize Trade and Investment Development Service (BELTRAIDE) in collaboration with Caribbean Export, participated in an interactive Brand Development and Packaging Workshop/Webinar on July 17th and 18th, 2013.
During this event, participants of Agro-processing and Light manufacturing sectors were invited with the main purpose of establishing, developing, and strengthening their company’s understanding of Branding.
This workshop/webinar will cover a broad range of topics including but not limited to:
• The Ins and Outs of Branding and Packaging and Definition of Packaging Terms.
• How to brand your business and package your product to Sell
• Identifying an appropriate Packaging Supplier for your needs:
o Strength, Safety, Hygiene, Storage, Transportation (Shipping/Handling), End
Use, Protection, Preservation, Environmental Impact
• Premium Packaging at an affordable price
• Avoiding Branding and Packaging Disasters
• Strategies for launching a new product
• International Packaging Standards and Regulations: With emphasis on the European
• Understanding the consumer
o What are consumers looking for in brands and in their product packaging?
o What will make a consumer choose your product?
o How can I differentiate my product from other similar products
o Retail Trends
• Dissemination of the following:
o Packaging Information Websites and/or publications
o Directory of Qualified Packaging suppliers in the Caribbean, North America,
Europe, and China.
The expected results of the workshop are as follows:
• Participants will learn to effectively brand and package their products to sell.
• Participants will be aware of the Packaging Standards required for the European market.
• Participants will be provided with recommendations for the improvement of their current packaging.
• Participants will learn winning strategies for launching a new product.
• Participants will be able to better understand what consumers look for in brands and in their product packaging.
• Participants will be provided with a directory of reliable Packaging Suppliers.
• Participants will be provided with various reputable sources of packaging information.
• Branding and Packaging Manual will be created, which will include packaging and labeling standards for Europe by country