Project Name: INCLUSIVE LINKAGES Project in the border zones of Belize and Guatemala
Funding Agency: CENPROMYPE through the Government of Austria
Position: Local Project Consultant
Statement of Capability:
The purpose of the project is intended to contribute to the local economic development and poverty reduction through the strengthening of the actors involved in the territories as well as the building of the local economy by promoting the cultural identity of the border zone. The project has three components: (1) strengthening organizational structures and business management skills of the territories; (2) Promotion of economic linkages between the Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSMEs); (3) Awareness of and training in the local development concept.
- Develop work plan
- Conduct diagnostic review of MSMEs
- Develop improvement plans for MSMEs
- Assist with implementation of improvement plans
- Development of business plans
- Submission of bi-monthly reports and 1 final report
The consultant must have expertise and experience including:
- Four years of work experience with Micro, Small and Medium Sized Enterprises, especially related to business development services, rural tourism, and agro-tourism;
- Four years experience in business advice, and developing business plans or strategic plan
- Knowledge of gender equality and gender based project approaches;
- Bachelor Degree in Economics, Business or related fields.
- It is required that the candidate is from Central America and must be fluent in English and Spanish both written and oral.
The consultancy for the local “Project Consultant” will last for 6 months from date of service contract.
Considerations and Payments:
The applicant should submit a budget for their services. The budget should include travel costs including per diem and office supplies. Payment for services will be made every two months.
Interested applicants must submit their application by Friday, August 31, 2012 at 3:00 pm. Interested applicants must contact BELTRAIDE for a full copy of the terms of reference for this consultancy and additional requirements to be submitted with the position application.
Ms. Lejia Melanie Gideon
Deputy Executive Director
Belize Trade and Investment Development Service (BELTRAIDE)
#14 Orchid Garden Street City of Belmopan, Cayo District
Belize, Central America
Tel: (501) 822-3737/0175 Fax: (501) 822-0595