United States Peace Corps in Belize
Basic Functions of the Position:
The Host Family Coordinator (HFC) is responsible for the general community outreach and oversight of Peace Corps Belize’s Volunteer home stay program. The Host Family Coordinator is tasked with the recruitment and orientation of safe and appropriate host families for Volunteers assigned in communities throughout Belize.
Qualifications – Education/Experience:
Associate degree and 5-7 years of relevant work experience in education, community outreach and organizing, business administration, tourism management or related field.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes:
- Must possess strong cultural and geographic knowledge of Belize.
- Ability to identify and respect differences and similarities between U.S. and local cultures.
- Must have experience in community outreach.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Must have positive attitude and commit to a high standard of ethical and professional conduct.
- Must be highly reliable, self-motivated, detail oriented and a quick learner.
- Ability to work well independently and effectively as a member of a team.
- Excellent logistics and planning skills.
- Experience in providing orientation and training preferred.
- Strong ability to communicate verbally and write effectively in English.
- Must possess strong IT skills and demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products including ease in using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated skills in database management.
- Must have knowledge of file management practices and possess exceptional organizational skills.
- Must possess Spanish fluency; knowledge of indigenous languages preferred.
- Drive a standard (manual) transmission vehicle.
- Experience and ease with long-distance driving.
- Flexibility for overnight stays when required.
- Knowledge of communities and rural villages throughout Belize.
Position Salary and Position Duration: Salary range is $34,000 to $41,000 and negotiable based on previous experience and qualifications. One-year contract renewable upon satisfactory performance.
Must be a Belizean citizen or possess Belizean work visa in order to apply.
- Submit resume with cover letter and two reference contacts’ information to Vacancy@bz.peacecorps.gov or mail to P.O. Box 492, 6130 Iguana Avenue, Belmopan
- The due date for applications is Friday August 3, 2012. Applications received after this date may be considered at the discretion of the Contracting Officer.
- The successful applicant will be required to pass a thorough security background check. For a complete position description please send a request to Vacancy@bz.peacecorps.gov.