DECLARATION OF NATIONAL STANDARD AND INTENTION TO DECLARE A STANDARD TO BE A MANDATORY STANDARD
THE BELIZE BUREAU OF STANDARDS hereby declares, pursuant to Section 8 of the Standards Act (No. 4 of 1992) that as of June 28th, 2012, the following standard shall be a national standard, namely: the Belize National Standard Specification for Inspection, Testing and Re-qualification of Portable Cylinders for Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG).
- AND NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Minister responsible for standards and standards related matters, the Hon. Erwin Contreras, intends to declare the BELIZE NATIONAL STANDARD SPECIFICATION FOR INSPECTION, TESTING AND REQUALIFICATION OF PORTABLE CYLINDERS FOR LIQUEFIED PETROLEUM GAS (LPG) to be a mandatory standard with effect from the 10th of August, 2012.
- The standard referred to in paragraph 2 above is intended primarily:
- To protect the consumer or user against danger to health and safety;
- To ensure quality in goods produced for home use or for export;
- To prevent fraud or deception arising from misleading advertising or labeling; and
- To require adequate information to be given to consumer or user.
- Copies of the standard are available from the office of the Belize Bureau of Standards located at the Ministry of Works Compound, Power Lane, Belmopan City or by submitting request to email@example.com.
- ANY PERSON having objections to the above-cited standard being declared a national or mandatory standard, as the case may be, should communicate such objections and the reasons thereof in writing or in person to the Director, Belize Bureau of Standards, P.O. Box 430, Belmopan City on or before July 31st, 2012.