BELTRAIDE has been invited to participate in LAC Flavors 2012: a Buyers-Sellers Meeting, to be held in Antigua, Guatemala, July 11-13, 2012. The event is organized with the support of the Government of Guatemala and the Trade and Investment Unit (TIU) of the Integration and Trade Sector (INT) of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB).
The purpose of this initiative is to create new business opportunities for small and medium enterprises (SME) exporters in the food industry sector in the Mesoamerican region.
Invitation has been extended to the SMEs of the food industry sector, preferably, twenty (20) SME candidates who meet the profile according to the Mandatory requirements for the SMEs participation. The deadline to submit application forms to participate in this initiative is Thursday, May 17, 2012.
Valuable information has been provided regarding SMEs participation in the event and the support that LAC Flavors will provide to the SMEs of the food sector in Belize.
The mandatory requirements are:
I- Company Profile
a) The Products / sectors profile must fit in one of these:
Natural and Organic Products
- Fair Trade Products
- Ethnic Products
- Special Products (gluten-free, diet food)
- Fresh Fruit and Vegetables
- Processed Fruit and Vegetables
- Fish and Seafood
b) Experience and certifications
- Experience exporting to the United States, Canada, Europe and/or Asia.
- Quality certification (organic, fair trade, gluten free, Rain Forest Alliance, etc)
- Internet website
II- Company representative Profile
- Expert in promotion and international trade.
The benefits to the companies selected are:
- Three nights of accommodation in Antigua, Guatemala.
- Transportation from Guatemala City to the city of Antigua.
- Free registration for LAC Flavors and MANUFEXPORT 2012. http://www.manufexport.com.gt/
- Customized business meeting agenda with international buyers.
Click Here forParticipation Form SMEs 2012
SPECIAL SUPPORT FOR GENDER
This year LAC Flavors will provide special support to mainstream gender issues. Therefore, they will support 5 additional SMEs who meet one or more of the criteria below.
- SMEs owned by women.
- SMEs with women in top management positions (including export department).
- SMEs with a labor force largely composed of women.
LAC Flavors will cover, in addition to the benefits mentioned above, a roundtrip ticket in economy class from your country to Antigua, Guatemala for one (1) representative of the each selected SME.
Click here for:Participation Form SMEs- Gender 2012